It’s been a while since I’ve done a beauty post so I thought I’d one together for July to share some of absolute favourite beauty products. Lots of you guys often DM me on Instagram asking my thoughts on certain products I share so this is a great opportunity to share these with you! Here’s a list of some of my beauty faves – some I’ve used for years, others I’ve only just started using recently but have totally impressed me.
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: I’ve used this foundation for the past five years or so and out of all the foundations I’ve tried, I’ve always come back to this one for its texture and finish. For me, I love a runny foundation – I find it easier to apply and the finish of this foundation is always really natural for me. It blends in really easy (I wear 4.5 generally and mix with a 5.5 when I’m more tan) and it has minimal creasing.
- Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 cleanser: For an all round every day cleanser, I love Philosophy’s bottle of goodness here. It does a really good job for every day use, is an affordable mid-range price, smells great and comes in stunning packaging too. Also, a bottle of this lasts forever for me – like, more than a year. Either I have a small face or.. ? PS I also like their foam gel cleanser and often have both in rotation.
- Chloe Nomade: Love this new fragrance from Chloe, it has a hint of that signature Chloe scent but also is really light and smells like running through a field of wild flowers.
4. Zoeva 110 brush (but really, all Zoeva brushes): I think this is my favourite brush brand now. Zoeva does so many different types of brushes and I’ve used some of these for years and they’re still maintaining their quality. Love this particular one 110 which I believe is made for contouring but I actually use for foundation.
5. Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Smooth Liquid Eyeliner in black: The product that changed my life. This one is so special – I used to never be able to find a liquid eyeliner for my oily eyelids that didn’t transfer and stayed all day. None of the big brands worked for me until one day I picked up this eyeliner in a drugstore in Taiwan, just to try. It was about $10-15 so it wasn’t much to lose and it ended up being hands down the best eyeliner I’ve ever used. It’s a Japanese brand so nowadays I stock up when I head to Japan. If you have always struggled to find an eyeliner that worked for you, please, please give this a go. I’m onto my 4th one!
6. Christian Dior Addict Lacquer Plump (D-Mesure): I love this product for the lip gloss stain like finish. It leaves your lips with a lovely stain once it wears out. Plus, that packaging!
7. Innisfree Vivid Tint Rouge: I actually don’t know if this product is still being made by Innisfree but I picked up four of these lip gloss style products in Taiwan two years ago (yes, I went beauty-shopping-crazy in Taiwan – my first time in an Asian country with so many beauty brands!) and it is one hell of a bargain and amazing product. Very similar to the Christian Dior lacquer stick but for half the price. Love, love love it and hope I can find the new version of this once I’m out.
8. Philosophy Purity Ultra-Light moisturiser: During the day I love wearing an ultra-light moisturiser. This one and the Clinique moisturising gel are really similar and both ones I absolutely love. It goes on so light but still feels really moisturising. It’s perfect for someone with combination skin like me.
9. NARS Contour Palette (laguna) + NARS Blush (orgasm): Two of my go to palettes I’ve used for the past few years. Both shades are really versatile and easy to apply. A little can go a long way – the pigment is great in these and they’re really durable for bringing with you travelling.
10. Mecca Banana Bake: A new find, I’ve read great things about this and love its brightening effect. It’s kind of like an illuminating setting powder which you can use to highlight and bring brightness to certain areas!
11. Laneige Special Care Water Sleeping Mask: My mate Jess got me this Laneige sleeping mask and it is literally one of the most amazing things I’ve EVER put on my face, plus, it smells DIVINE. I had no idea what a sleeping mask was before this as I’d never used one, but it’s basically like a thick moisturiser which you wear overnight so that it can set into your face. This product applies on really thick but feels really light, watery and soaks into my skin really fast. It makes my skin feel really hydrated and literally, I’m obsessed with it. Just need to find out where to get this in Australia once I’m done.
12. Innisfree Auto Eyebrow Pencil: I picked this up overseas when I accidentally snapped my old eyebrow pencil. It cost about $5 from memory and I had no expectations for it being very good due to the price, but I know and love the Innisfree brand so I thought it would at least be OK. It took a bit of time to get used to the waxy texture but now I absolutely love it. It’s really easy to apply and I can’t wait to stock up on more of these once I’m out.
Hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know if you have tried and loved any of the above products too, as well as if you’d love to see more beauty posts!